I bought the blu-ray of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides for Travis' main gift. I then made him a card, which I printed on card stock. (Did I mention that I love card stock?)
Here is the back and front of the card:
And here is the inside:
I have to admit that finding the Mona Lisa picking her nose was a pure stroke of luck. I had already made the front of the card and thought of the line, so I searched Google images for "picking nose." I was just hoping to find a funny picture of some little kid picking his nose, but I happened upon this amazing piece of artwork (which fit my "travel" theme perfectly!). haha!
I had so much fun making the card that I wanted to make something else, too. You always see "Love Coupon" type things around V-Day, and I admittedly have used this idea before, but I wanted to spruce things up a bit. I made the following cards in Photoshop (using many of my new fonts).
I'm pretty positive that Travis was more excited about the coupons than the movie. haha He joked that instead of doing something with me last night, he would use his Lazy Day, Pizza Night, and Get Out of Jail Free cards all at once. (I'm glad he didn't!)
We celebrated V-Day by exchanging gifts, cooking dinner together, and watching a movie. If you missed my Facebook update yesterday, Travis gave me a dozen roses, the Hunger Games trilogy (LOVE THEM!), and a home made card. They were waiting for me when I got home from work (with music playing in the background). It was perfect.



No comments:
Post a Comment