Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rubicon Estate Winery

On Saturday, Travis and I finally got a chance to check out a winery in Napa Valley.  The weather was AMAZING!  We only went to one winery (thanks to the expense of tastings and tours), but I think we picked a pretty cool one.  :)


Rubicon Estate is located north of Napa, CA.  It took us about 45 minutes to drive there.  We were able to get a tour of the grounds and taste 5 different wines.  We also got to check out the small museum that they have there about the beginnings of cinema, as well as some historical artifacts from the original owner of the winery.


        
          I caught him right in the middle of an "arrrr!"   Standing next to an anchor from Niebaum's ship.



                                           
This tree really is growing both oranges and lemons!  Pretty awesome!

     Coppola's house and front yard full of grapevines.  The Oscar that Coppola won for The Godfather II.



It was so beautiful out there!  :)  We had a great afternoon.  We didn't buy any wine (because it was all too expensive!), but we enjoyed ourselves.  And it was pretty cool to see an Oscar in person, I have to say!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment