My first project was a baby hat. Girls are easier to crochet for, because there are endless flowers and cute little things you can add to your projects. I wanted to find something cute, but obviously for a boy. I ended up combining 2 different patterns. Here is the final product:
The first part of my pattern came from here. I crocheted the first 10 rows, and then added the ear flaps from this pattern. I only used 8 pieces of yarn in the braids, because the 12 that are suggested in the pattern made the braids much too thick for my liking. Supposedly this hat will fit a newborn. I guess we'll see in a few weeks!
After I finished the hat, I wanted to make something using my favorite yarn in the world: Naturally Caron Spa. I had some left over from the cardigan I crocheted several months ago, so I found a pattern for a baby blanket that looked like it was for a boy, bought the remainder of the yarn I needed to finish it, and set to work. Here's what it looked like when I was done:
I found the pattern here. I think the only change I made to this pattern was to not add the ribbon and buttons. Even though I thought the ribbon and buttons were cute, it just seemed like it would be easier to wash without them. I love the crisscross pattern of the stitches! This one was extremely easy to make, and I think it came out really well. What do you think? :)
I have made several things since the blanket, but since they are Christmas presents, I can't share them with you yet. Soon, though! Christmas is right around the corner!




No comments:
Post a Comment